Saturday, July 12, 2008

Shopping

After a nice relaxing two weeks off school, we headed off to do some shopping for some bits that we needed around home.

The first stop was The Conservatory, our local nursery shop, to purchase a Blood Orange tree for our garden. Xavier was suggesting a lime, but it cost a bit more, and I love blood oranges. Earlier in the week, we'd planted our Kumquat, since it is looking much happier again, after the hot March we had. It struggled along during the heat wave, sitting in the pot, and it only seemed fair to plant it. The poor thing was rather neglected after the birth of Arden, and didn't get nearly enough water when the heat finally arrived. Anyhow we found a nice home for our Blood Orange in the back corner, just along from the Kumquat, and provided it with some Devic Essence to help with it's move to our garden. I haven't tried this out on my plants before, but there was some discussion on the idea at the White Light Essence course I attended, so we decided to give it a try.

After the tree planting we headed to town, and into Lincraft, where I selected some ribbon and lace to add onto a pair of old corduroy pants of mine that I'm presently revitalising. I have cut the ends off, and added some stitching, and also was in need of something extra for them, which is why the lace and ribbon was needed. I was happy with the selection, but disappointed with the service at Lincraft. I had noticed before, but commented on this occassion, that it seems they no longer neatly loop up and tie lace, ribbon, etc. The girl agreed, and I commented that I would prefer to pay a bit extra for quality service rather than have my pile of ribbon and lace shoved in a bag. I think I'll have to find somewhere else to shop, maybe even on the internet. The two big shops here Spotlight and Lincraft seem like craft shops with the quality of a $2 shop. I must say that I miss buying my craft supplies at John Lewis where everything was so neat, and the service was pleasant and helpful.

On the plus side though I did finally find some nice wooden buttons for the cardigan I knitted last year. I have been wearing it for quite a while, and it will be so much better to be able to button it up. Actually Willow found the buttons, and they weren't the colour that I had envisaged, but they suit the cardigan nicely, and I will certainly be feeling much warmer!

No comments: