Saturday, April 14, 2012

Autumn Break

Our short Autumn interludes is coming to an end, and school starts again on Monday. We've had a fun Easter and week off,with lots of lovely things happening, and plenty of relaxing.

Easter weekend saw us meet up with a friend for breakfast in Maylands, we had plans to go to one cafe, but it was so busy we ended up at somewhere else. (Given it was Easter Saturday, we should have thought of booking). Afterwards we went to the city, so Willow and Gabriel could busk. Easter itself, was pleasantly relaxing, lunch was at Montereys- the restaurant at the Pan Pacific- and we hired some quadbikes and went for a ride along the Swan.

This week has seen me doing some planning and purchasing for our coming blocks. I now have Gabriel's block on the Ancient World planned, and I now need to find some resources from the library. I've been thinking about supplies for Willow's physics block, which won't be happening to August fortunately, and so decided to look over the exercises to start preparing resources.

A book I'd purchased online arrived this week- The Golden Section, which was nicely timed since a friend posted this doodling link on facebook. Both have inspired some interesting drawing this week.

Otherwise here's some pictures from last week.

Willow has completed Arden's apron.


My jumper is finished!


I also made myself a headband.


Willow and Arden's hot cross buns.

No comments: