Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Mosaics


 I like to start the year in a fairly relaxed way, so this time we explored colour and mosaics.  First we painted a sheet of colour- starting with the primary colours and building up with new colours each week, until we had a full range of colour for our pictures.


Irving was very focused on creating this first piece with a lighthouse.



By Arden.


I wasn't quite sure where I was going with my first mosaic, but it reminded me of reading about Matisse's paper cut outs.




Irving's second picture.


By Arden.


Mine.


Week 3's colours before cutting/tearing for our mosaics.  Irving had a tendency to always leave a lot of white in his colour painting.


 
Moving into our full colour paintings.

Irving liked to keep it simple.



Arden's




Mine.




No comments: