Tuesday, September 28, 2010

What I am Reading and Have been Reading

Well in my usual style I'm reading too many books at once! Somehow in recent years, I've found reading a few books at once very effective for learning more than one thing at once.

Ishmael- Daniel Quinn
This one I have finished- and I would not recommend it at all, except for a section that discuss the bible, and the idea that the story of the fall of Adam was written from the perspective of outsiders viewing it occurring- and that in their view man heading towards an agricultural based existence was a negative thing. The suggestion in the book was that it was written by the Semites.

Living Dolls
I also read this recently. Disturbing and fascinating. I am glad to live a life without the media. But also the more I read things like this, the more I think feminism needs to become a new movement of equality. Where men are embraced and encouraged to be part of a greater change that sees genders treated equally and fairly.

No comments: