Friday, July 21, 2023

2022 Part One

 So at the end of 2021 my PC died and so did my attempts to keep this blog up to date. Since I now have a new PC and I was thinking about blogging again, I thought with the new year I would start with a recap of 2022.


For quite some time we have taken the beginning of the year slowly, avoiding any structured work until late February/ beginning of March and we continued in this style. Taking the Summer to swim, visit the library and celebrate 5/6 of our birthdays! By March we started to ease into some more structured activities, and as usual we began with some geometry and painting and reading.


Arden and I started the year reading about Shakespeare, by Bill Bryson, and reading the first section of "Tragedy and Hope" by Carroll Quigley for History.



Meanwhile I was working on re-upholstering a circa 1940's sofa we had found in the hard waste, which at times was being delayed due to comfort!






Arden and Irving both did some weaving for their first craft project. Irving wove a small rug out of wool, and then did a second version from embroidery thread. Arden worked on a band on the inklette loom.


We all worked together on a domestika illustration course- which we have been rather slow completing! Arden's, Irving's and my sketches.


As usual we started the year with watercolour painting- this time we did lots of coloured themes and worked on a flowing colour wheel.


We've been having some regular bird visitors to our place, and Irving decided he had had enough- Our residence was declared closed!


Arden got into "The HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy" this past year, I've been gradually getting through this excellent book of celebrity interviews from the 60s' "Limelighters" that was a hard waste find. "Covid-19: The Great Reset" was my first foray into reading the World Economic Forums take on our future, and finally we read "The Never-Ending Story" by Michael Ende together (so much better than the movie IMO).

k


No comments: